Think Tank Young Professional Development Program 2016/17
Deadline: August 22, 2016
The Think Tank Young Professional Development Program intends to attract recent graduates of MA and PhD programs in the social sciences and humanities to selected think tanks in the Western Balkans and post – Soviet space, giving them an opportunity to gain first – hand policy research and advocacy experience at a renowned think tank in the region.
The program is designed to benefit both young returning professionals and their host organizations. It enables participating think tanks to recruit young researchers originally from the region who recently graduated from universities in the OECD countries. Depending on a research topic, individual programs at hosting organizations will last up to 6 months and may start from November 2016
- The TTF for Wider Europe will cover a gross compensation/salary for the paid position (at the level of the hosting organization’s pay for junior research staff), and other reasonable expenses that are essential for carrying out the work engagement. The award cannot exceed 7,000 USD per paid position.
- The award will not cover any administrative and mentorship costs incurred by the hosting think tank as these costs will be the contribution of the hosting organization to the program.
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident any of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine;
- Have graduated in the past two years with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries;
- Applicants should be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English and the working language of the host organization;
- Applicants must be ready to return to their home country and reside there during the internship period.
Applicants should submit the following documents in English (as .doc or .pdf attachments to email) to [email protected]:
- Motivation Letter;
- Brief Action Plan;
- Draft Budget in USD;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Support Letter from a hosting organization.
For more information, visit Think Tank Young Professional Development Program.