Call for Proposals: Science Forum South Africa 2016
Deadline: July 15, 2016
Science Forum South Africa are calling for thematic session proposals for the Forum. The 2016 Forum will have a specific focus on the social sciences and humanities, as well as the role of science in Africa’s development. The objectives of the Forum are:
- To create a platform for a vibrant debate on the role of science, technology and innovation in society;
- To promote international science, technology and innovation partnerships; and
- To create a platform for key science, technology and innovation actors, including senior government leaders, academics, scientists, industry, civil society, and students to interact.
- Proposals will be accepted from speakers/participants from outside South Africa, especially from other African countries.
The following are criteria for assessing the proposals:
- Relevance to the theme under which the proposal is proposed.
- Relevance to conference objectives.
- Quality and originality which will ensure value addition to current debate.
- Potential for creating vibrant discussions.
- Interdisciplinary approach.
- National, continental, and international topicality.
- Potential to attract media interest.
For more information, visit Science Forum South Africa.