World Bank Group Recruitment Drive 2016 for African Nationals
Deadline: July 24, 2016
Are you interested in building a career with the World Bank Group? The World Bank Group seeks qualified professionals to fill various roles within the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation that may be located in Washington, D.C. or one of its regional offices.
In 2015, the World Bank Group launched a recruitment mission to attract Sub Saharan African professionals to its work force. The initiative was the first of its kind for the institution and resulted in numerous hires into business areas such as Education, Health, Development Economics, Information Technology Systems, Social Urban/Rural & Resilience and Governance. The World Bank Group continues its commitment to hiring Sub-Saharan African professionals and announces its latest recruitment mission to again attract highly qualified Sub-Saharan African professionals who are looking for an exciting career, where their effort will contribute to the institution’s goal of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
- For the entry level is a Master’s degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- For mid-career professionals, the requirements are a Master’s degree plus 8 years of relevant professional experience.
Ideal candidates for these positions must:
- have a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, the ability to conduct dialogue on relevant development policies and priorities.
- be fluent in English with very good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish, or Russian is preferred.
How to Apply
Apply online here.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted as early as August 2016 for interviews which may be conducted in Washington, D.C. or locations in Africa. Interviews will be conducted through September 2016. Based on the availability of interviewers and candidates some interviews may be conducted virtually.
For more information, visit WBG Recruitment