Deadline: July 15, 2016
The Romedia Foundation invites application for the position of Program Manager. The program manager will join a young, international team dedicated to bringing change to the image of Roma through film/video production. The Romedia Foundation brings together the worlds of film production and empowerment advocacy under its umbrella in a highly creative atmosphere.
The Romedia Foundation is a Romani non-governmental organization based in Budapest, Hungary, working to contribute to a positive perception of Romani ethnic identity, combating anti-Romani prejudice and to provide alternative information to policy makers on the Roma through the production of films and videos, international multi-media campaigns and public events.
- The salary is commensurate with experience.
- University degree or professional qualification in law, economics, social science, or another relevant field;
- 2+ years of relevant experience with an NGO, international organization, multinational company, diplomatic mission, or another relevant workplace;
- Field experience in Romani communities would be an asset;
- Proven management, leadership and organizational skills to manage diverse and international projects;
- Experience with TV/film/media production and/or advocacy campaigns would be an asset;
- Excellent social and intercultural skills, and the ability to establish and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders;
- Fluency in Hungarian and English are required. Good command of Romanes, German, French, Serbian, or another European language would be an advantage;
- Openness to film industry is essential.
- Required application documents:
- Europass CV
- Motivation letter
- Name and contact details of one or two reference person(s)
- Submit application via mail to Katalin Bársony, Executive Director of Romedia Foundation [email protected]
For more information, visit Program Manager Needed at the Romedia Foundation.