Deadline: August 1, 2016
The Acumen Regional Fellows Program 2016 is a one-year leadership development program designed to build the next generation of social leaders with the audacity to transform society and create a better, more inclusive world. The program equips 20 extraordinary individuals from across East Africa with the knowledge, support system and practical wisdom to unlock their full potential and drive positive change in society.
Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while taking part in five week-long seminars, where they receive the tools, training and space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, build a strong network of social leaders from across their region and around the world.
Eligible applicants are:
- Innovators who either started an organization or enterprise, or who are driving change within an existing organization or company;
- Men and women of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English;
- East Africans who demonstrate a commitment and concrete connection to the region;
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination;
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive yearlong personal transformation and leadership journey.
- The online application consists of:
- Background information
- Short & long answer questions
- Download the PDF Application if you cannot access the online form.
- For guidance on answering the questions, see application instructions.
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and highly competitive. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Applications open: June 13, 2016
- Applications close: August 1, 2016
- Telephone Interviews: August/September, 2016
- In-Person Interviews: October 1, 2016 in Nairobi
- Final Selection: December 2016