World Childhood Foundation Funding (Up to $20,000 USD available)
Deadline: October 15, 2016
World Childhood Foundation, founded by Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden, works to prevent abuse and exploitation of children. They support and implement over 100 projects around the world, assisting children who are at risk of or are victims of abuse, children who are in alternative care, street children, and families at risk. The grant period is 12 months.
Childhood’s work is based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), and is politically and religiously unaffiliated. The goal of Childhood is that no child should be exposed to a violent or damaging environment, but instead have the opportunity to grow up with memories of a safe and loving childhood.
- Grants available up to 20,000 USD
- Projects targeting:
- Children who are victims of abuse and exploitation,
- Families at risk,
- Children in alternative care,
- Street children (including children at risk of ending up in any of the mentioned target groups).
- Projects that directly involve and affect children and youth
- Projects implemented in the following countries: Belarus, Cambodia, China, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Nepal, Poland, Russia, Sweden, South Africa, Thailand, Ukraine, Brazil (see www.childhood.org.br), USA (see www.childhood-usa.org), Germany (see de.childhood.org)
- Projects implemented by a local NGO registered in the country of implementation
- Prior visit from Childhood staff is required before submitting an application. For more information on how to invite Childhood to your organization, please contact the Childhood country manager for your country.
- Download the “Guidelines for Project Proposals” and read the document carefully.
- Compose the proposal in English in accordance with the guidelines and save as Word document.
- Download the template document “Registration form” and save the file on your computer (do not fill out the form online, save the document to your computer first). After you have saved the file, fill out the document and save again.
- Download and fill out the template document “Budget” (for instructions, download the document titled “Users guide to budget and reporting template”). All budgets have to be in EUR or USD or SEK and sent as Excel.
- Send all completed documents to Britta Holmberg, Project Director via [email protected]
- Make sure you receive a confirmation from Childhood. Organizers have difficulties in sending and receiving e-mails from addresses ending with .ru – if you have such an address, please try using another address.
For more information, visit World Childhood Foundation Funding.