OFID Scholarship 2016 Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit – Ottawa, Canada (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: August 5, 2016
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is offering fully-funded scholarships to eligible candidates for the 2016 One Young World Summit in Canada.
OFID is a long standing supporter of One Young World and has enabled 100 young leaders to participate in One Young World Summit since 2011. This year OFID will sponsor twenty successful applicants to participate in the One Young World Summit 2016 which takes place in Ottawa, Canada from 28 September – 1 October.
The One Young World Summit brings together the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations. Delegates to the Summit meet and make lasting connections with peers from almost every industry, sector and country
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries
|Algeria||Guatemala||Nigeria||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Botswana||Iraq||Palestinian Territory, Occupied||Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Congo, The Democratic Republic of||Malawi||Rwanda||Zambia|
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2016 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 28 September and 1 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Ottawa.
How to Apply
Submit an online application in English before midnight 5 August. If you already have a One Young World candidate profile, you do not need to create a new application to apply for this scholarship, you will be considered for it automatically.
For more information, visit OFID Scholarship