Deadline: November 30, 2016
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) invites applications from eligible institutions for the 2016 Prizes for Science and Technology.
The IDB Prizes for Science and Technology underscores the commitment to mustering the application of relevant contemporary scientific advancement for the socio-economic welfare of Member Countries by rewarding excellence among the academic and research institutions.
The objectives of the IDB Prizes for Science & Technology stand to:
- Acknowledge and encourage the achievements of the successful institutions;
- Promote sound and fruitful competition among the science and technology education and research institutions in Member Countries towards achieving excellence;
- Raise awareness of policy among decision makers about the present and potential contribution of science and technology to sustainable development.
The Prizes are awarded only to institutions (not to individuals) in IDB member countries.
- Outstanding scientific or technological contribution to the socio-economic development of a member country.
- Outstanding contribution to any of the following scientific disciplines: Engineering; Agriculture; Medicine; Biotechnology; Information Technology; Optronics; Material Sciences; Pharmaceutical; Industrial Microelectronics; Nanotechnology and alternative Energy Sources.
- Noted scientific research institutions in IDB least developed member countries (LDMCs).
Each prize will consist of a cash award of one hundred thousand (100,000) US dollars, a trophy and a certificate mentioning the name of the winner and its accomplishments.
How to Apply
Interested institutions may download and complete the following electronic form:
- Application Form ( Arabic – English – French) as per following guidelines:
- Guidelines for Application Form ( Arabic – English – French)
The completed electronic application form should be sent to the IDB Capacity Development Department Email : [email protected]
For more information, visit IDB Prizes for Science and Technology.