AWDF Feminist Leaders & Governance Coaching Project 2016
Deadline: August 8, 2016
Call for applications to the AWDF Feminist Leaders & Governance Coaching Project 2016 is ongoing. This is a 9-month coaching project on leadership and governance from December 2016– August 2017. The project is targeted at CEO/EDs/Programme Managers/Coordinators and those in second level management of AWDF grantee organisations within the age bracket of 18 – 45 years.
This coaching project seeks to develop the individual leadership skills and values of participating CEOs/EDs as well as those in second level management. It is also aimed at strengthening the institutional and governance structures of participating organisations and providing an enabling framework fortheirrelevance and sustainability.
The coaching project will entail the following:
- Attending a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) forum. This is a 3 day event for orientation, skills sharing, strategy development and networking for participating leaders, coaches and AWDF. This event will be held in Kenya from 15- 17 November 2016;
- Engaging in one-on-one coaching via phone calls, email, Skype conversations and occasional inperson meetings with their personal coaches from December 2016 – August 2017;
- Governance strengthening activities for boards of participating organisations;
- Writing of opinion pieces or articles by leaders about their work and development;
- Participating in at least one AWDF skill building training/workshop where necessary.
- Be an AWDF grantee and should have received grants from AWDF in the last 3-5 years;
- Should have an existing board which will be available for the governance strengthening trainings;
- Should have a minimum of 3 full-time staff;
- Should have access to reliable internet and be able to use Skype and email;
- Should have functioning office space with basic office infrastructure;
- Should work in any of these areas; Violence against Women (VAW), Health and Reproductive rights (HRR), Economic Empowerment and Livelihood (EEL) areas and with women especially young women;
- Two staff members from an organisation’s leadership. That is one CEO/ED/programme Manager/Coordinators and one staff from the next level in management;
- Applying leaders should be within the ages of 18 – 45 years;
- Leaders should be able to communicate in either English, French or Amharic;
- Leaders should be able to communicate via internet, Skype, telephone and email;
- Leaders who have demonstrated the potential to develop.
To be considered for the project, your organisation is required to send your application to the AWDF Capacity Building Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org; copy email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org justifying why you and your organisation should be selected for the project.
Please include the following in your application:
- Names and positions of 2 staff from your organisation who will be participating in the project;
- Why your organisation should be considered (highlighting on leadership & governance issues);
- Your last grant from AWDF, the year and for what project;
- Which level(s) you r organisation typically engages in i.e community, national or regional;
- Challenges you hope to overcome in the process;
- How the project will enable you achieve your individual and organisational objectives;
- Include a written recommendation from your board endorsing you and your participation in the project;
- Any other information to strengthen your application is welcome.