Nominations Open for the Dan David Prize 2017
Deadline: November 30, 2016
The Dan David Prize recognizes and encourages innovative and interdisciplinary research that cuts across traditional boundaries and paradigms. It aims to foster universal values of excellence, creativity, justice, democracy and progress and to promote the scientific, technological and humanistic achievements that advance and improve our world. The Dan David Prize is a joint international corporation, endowed by the Dan David Foundation and headquartered at Tel Aviv University.
The Dan David Prize covers three time dimensions – Past, Present and Future – that represent realms of human achievement.
- The Past refers to fields that expand knowledge of former times.
- The Present recognizes achievements that shape and enrich society today.
- The Future focuses on breakthroughs that hold great promise for improvement of our world.
- Three prizes of $1,000,000 USD each are granted annually in the fields chosen for the three time dimensions.
- Open to individuals or institutions with proven, exceptional, distinct excellence in the sciences, arts, humanities, public service and business, that have made and continue to make an outstanding contribution to humanity on the basis of merit, without discrimination of gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
- Fill the nomination form.
- The following attachments will be required:
- A detailed description of the nominee’s work (1-2 pages), stipulating reasons why the nominee merits the Dan David Prize. Please refer to the importance of the work, its impact, and its projected influence in the relevant field (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb);
- A full Curriculum Vitae of the nominee, or a detailed prospectus in case of an organization nominee (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb);
- A list of the nominee’s publications of the last 15 years (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb);
- A list of the nominee’s most relevant publications or projects (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb);
- Other relevant information;
- A photo of the nominee in electronic format (300 dpi, copyright free, high-definition – allowed: jpg or tif / max:5mb)
For joint nominations, please submit two individual Nomination Forms, one for each nominee, in the following manner:
- On the Nomination Form in the section entitled Details of Nominee, Last name field, please enter the words Joint Nomination, followed by the last name of the nominee.
- In the Summary of the Nominee’s Achievements field, please mention that this is a joint nomination, followed by the first and last names of all the nominees.
In this manner, organizers will receive the dossiers of each nominee individually but they will be categorized as a joint nomination.
Confirmation of successful submission is provided electronically and a copy of the nomination material is sent to the nominator by email.
For more information, visit Dan David Prize.