Enter the Green Enterprise Challenge 2016
Deadline: August 19, 2016
This is a platform for championing green sustainable jobs by women and youth entrepreneurs in Kenya, with a focus on selected value chains, through MSMEs business modeling in at least 6 selected counties. The Green Enterprise Challenge seeks to tackle Youth unemployment, Environmental pollution, Poverty, Little education and Inadequate business skills.
The challenge is being run by Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) in collaboration with Tangaza University College. MESPT is a champion of a Green Growth economy and in partnership with Danida has been implementing the Annual Green Growth Conference and exhibition in Kenya for the last 2 years.
Your business is eligible if you are in the line of:
- Mobile & ICT Technologies
- Waste Management
- Renewable Energy
- Participants will be sponsored into an entrepreneurship academy in their county;
- All finalists will get certificates;
- Winners will be awarded trophies;
- Overall national winners will be awarded a monetary grant of up to KES 1,000,000 to grow their businesses;
- Sponsorship opportunity to participate/ exhibit in the National Green Enterprise Challenge and the National Green Growth Conference & Exhibition in October 2016;
- Exposure to potential investors/ funders;
- Development of brands;
- Media Coverage;
- Six months post competition incubation to harness entrepreneurial skills.
- Open to youth and women who have startup businesses not more than 3 year old. Their businesses must have a green element in it.
For any enquiries: contact [email protected] or Ann 0722 207 905/ 0735 333 154/ 0728 817 315
For more information, visit The Green Enterprise Challenge.