UNIDO Global Start-up Business Plan Competition 2016 ($30,000 plus other prizes)
Deadline: September 23, 2016
The UNIDO Global Start-up Business Plan Competition (GSBPC) aims to stimulate and unleash the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation among aspiring and existing entrepreneurs with ideas that contribute to their personal economic benefit and towards developing their communities. The GSBPC calls on potential and existing entrepreneurs to participate by submitting their innovative entrepreneurial ideas by means of a Business Plan Template, which will be reviewed by a team of experts.
The three participants or teams with the best business plans will be invited to attend the prize-winners’ event in Vienna on 21 to 25 November 2016, during the celebration of UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary.
- They will also receive the following start-up capital:
- 1st Place: $15,000
- 2nd Place: $10,000
- 3rd Place: $5,000
- All three winners will additionally be rewarded with:
- A UNIDO certificate;
- Increased visibility for their start-up;
- A round-trip from home country to the UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna, Austria;
- Accommodation and health insurance in Vienna (from the 21 to 25 November 2016).
- The top 50 applicants will receive:
- Counselling and mentoring through UNIDO ITPO Bahrain (AICEI) for a period of 6 months.
- Participants must be aged between 18 and 35;
- Open to (an) entrepreneur(s) with a new business idea or (an) existing entrepreneur(s) with a startup in its early stages;
- Participants must use the Business Plan Template;
- Open to individuals or teams of maximum 3 members;
- Applications must be completed in English.
The main points to focus on are:
- The business idea – uniqueness, viability, relevance;
- The product and services – description, impact, market need;
- Competitor analysis – description, opportunities;
- Target market – definition;
- Marketing plan – nature, relevance, objectives;
- Start-up costs and financials.