Apply to #Changemakerxchange 2016 in Southern Africa (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 12, 2016
Ashoka, the International Anti-Corruption Conference and Transparency International have teamed up to launch the first ChangemakerXchange in Southern Africa. In Africa, one in every two people needing to access land-related services is affected by corruption. This could be a bribe demanded by a housing official, a dodgy business deal that forces local communities off their land, or a fraud scheme by bogus property developers. This kind of corruption plays out in the public and private sectors and affects rural and urban citizens alike.
For young people, land-related corruption can sap entrepreneurial spirit and restrict access to employment, forcing migration to overcrowded urban centres where competition for jobs is even greater. Your innovative ideas can help change this – apply for our ChangemakerXchange today. By seizing this opportunity and sharing your big ideas to clean up the land sector, you stand a chance to win a place at the ChangemakerXchange summit in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 2 – 5 October 2016.
- An international panel of judges will assess each idea to come out of the summit and the participants / teams with the strongest collaboration-based submissions will get seed grants of between €1,500 and €2,000 to support the implementation of their new land-related anti-corruption project. Also up for grabs is a trip to Panama from 1 – 4 December 2016 to participate in the 17th International Anti-Corruption Conference.
- Organizers will cover the expenses for your economy travel, visa, meals, and four nights of accommodation;
- In addition to networking and project collaboration opportunities during these three days, participants will receive mentoring by established social entrepreneurs, as well as international anti-corruption experts and land activists;
- Furthermore, you will become part of a community that continues to develop relationships and work together long after the event.
- Applicants need to be aged 18 – 35;
- They must live in Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe;
- Social entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, journalists, bloggers, artists, government employees, and young changemakers from other fields with an interest and ideas around anti-corruption are welcome to apply.
- Think you’ve got what it takes? Enter now!
- Send the following documents to Amy via [email protected]. Include your first name and surname in the subject line. For example: “Thato Zwane: Southern Africa ChangemakerXchange supporting documents”. Use the same first name and surname that you used in your application form:
- Updated CV (if you don’t have one on your LinkedIn profile);
- Scanned birth certificate OR passport page showing your passport / identity number, date of birth and the country in which you reside.
Applications close at 5pm SAST on August 12, 2016.
For more information, visit #Changemakerxchange 2016.