Village Capital- Fintech Africa 2016 For Entrepreneurs in Africa (US $50,000 Capital Investment Fund)
Deadline: September 20, 2016
Village Capital, The MasterCard Foundation, and the DOEN Foundation are seeking to identify and support the next generation of fintech entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa. These entrepreneurs are innovating in financial technology to increase financial health and improve livelihoods for low-income populations. Examples of this type of initiative include:
- Increasing the access, relevance, and affordability of savings, credit, payments, and insurance products through leveraging data analytics, blockchain technology, and digital identity verification;
- Increasing efficiency in supply chains and distribution channels across sectors through better market access, increased price transparency, increased connections to new suppliers, and access to other decision-driving market information; and/or
- Enhancing livelihoods of low-income small business owners through tools for value-chain tracking, smart logistics, business insurance, working-capital loans, and financial management tools to better handle risk and volatility
- Workshop 1: December 7-10
- Workshop 2: January 24-27
- Workshop 3: February 28-03
At the end of the program, the top two ventures, as selected by their peers in the cohort, will receive an offer of US $50,000 in pre-committed capital investment from VilCap Investments
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and those that apply earlier will have greater chances of being selected! Apply early.
- You apply by registering and creating a company profile on VC4 Africa
- Complete and submit online application here.
- This is a platform that brings together startups and investors
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Kamande at [email protected]
For more information, visit Fintech Africa 2016.