AfDB Development Evaluation Week 2016 Photo Contest
Deadline: September 15, 2016
Submissions are now being accepted for the AfDB Development Evaluation Week 2016 Photo Contest, a special feature of Evaluation Week, which will be held in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, from November 7 to 11, 2016. The photo contest is open to African Development Bank regional member country nationals that are interested in development evaluation and have proven experience and/or an educational background in evaluation.
- All winners will receive a trophy and a certificate and the photos will be used in Evaluation Matters, the AfDB’s quarterly knowledge publication;
- In addition, the submitter of the best photo will receive a $1000 bursary to attend Evaluation Week in Cote d’Ivoire. The runner-up will receive a $750 bursary to attend Evaluation Week, and the second runner up will receive a $500 bursary to attend Evaluation Week. Winners will be notified by end Sept and announced at AfDB Evaluation Week. Submitted photos will be included in a photo exhibition during Evaluation Week.
- Open to African Development Bank regional member country nationals that are interested in development evaluation and have proven experience and/or an educational background in evaluation;
- The evaluation work during which the photo was taken, the location and date must be clearly indicated, and the submitter must have been involved in the evaluation;
- No more than two photos may be submitted by the same person;
- For a photo in which a person is clearly recognizable, the submitter must obtain a release form and send it in with the photo;
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content are not acceptable;
- Photos submitted must be high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at 3,000 pixels;
- Those who enter the contest retain the rights to their photos, but by entering the contest, they acknowledge that they are granting AfDB the right to use the photos in evaluation publications like Evaluation Matters, although full credit will always be given to the author.
- Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, relevance for the theme of Evaluation Week 2016, and overall impact in relation to the evaluation story.
- Preference will be given to photos taken as part of an evaluation project and in one of the “High 5’ thematic areas.
- Submit your photo along with a cover sheet indicating your name, affiliation, gender, nationality, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone/fax number (if available), and a note on how you learned about the contest;
- Please note that submitted photos will not be returned and that any photo that does not follow the criteria specified above will be disqualified;
- Submissions must be original and unpublished photos, accompanied by a 100 word write up about the photo, what it represents, especially in relation to development evaluation.
The deadline for submissions is midnight (Abidjan Time) on September 15, 2016. Submit your photos via email to [email protected].
For more information, visit AfDB Development Evaluation Week Photo Contest.