Deadline: August 31, 2016
UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office, launches a social media campaign #Science4Sustainability with a Photo Contest on the theme Science for Sustainable Future. The #Science4Sustainability social media campaign seeks to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign began on the World Environment Day, 5 June 2016 and will end on the World Science Day, 10 November 2016.
Five thematic categories are open for photographic submissions:
- Science in everyday life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
- 1st Prize –US$ 500
- 2nd Prize –US$ 300
- 3rd Prize –US$ 200
- Special Prize – US$ 200 for the most popular photo on social media;
Ten (2 from each category) contest winners will receive Certificates of Merit and a memento.
The four winning entries will have the honour of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi office’s new premises in the diplomatic area, New Delhi.
- Open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka;
Photos must be taken by the entrant himself or herself. Photos can be colour-corrected or have filters applied, but should not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context. Please do not include any watermark or borders on your image;
- UNESCO staff and their family members are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
UNESCO will select the winning Entries on the basis of the following main criteria:
- Originality: Use your imagination and create something unique and memorable;
- Effectiveness: Ability of the Entry to effectively convey the message;
- Quality: Composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted.
- Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words, latest by 31 August 2016. Please mail your entries to: [email protected]
- To participate and win the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
- Like the UNESCO New Delhi Facebook page or follow on Twitter;
- Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi. Please make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
There are no limits on the number of entries that each entrant can submit. The photo can be taken using a mobile phone, camera or any other device. Expenses incurred during submission are to be borne by the entrant.
For more information, read contest guidelines or visit UNESCO Photo Contest.