Deadline: March 19, 2017
University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School is now accepting applications for the Skoll Scholarship. This is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. Have you started a venture or initiative that is aimed at solving one of the world’s biggest social or environmental challenges? If so, you may be the next Skoll Scholar!
Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford blends the best of new and old. Oxford Saïd is a vibrant and innovative business school which educates people for successful business careers, and as a community seek to tackle world-scale problems. Saïd Business School delivers cutting edge programmes and ground-breaking research that transform individuals, organisations, business practice, and society. By becoming a skoll scholar, you can be a part of a world-class business school community, embedded in a world class University, tackling world-scale problem.
- You must have started and grown a social venture that has been running for at least three years OR have been responsible for leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within that venture.
- You must demonstrate some evidence of your need for the Scholarship (e.g. circumstances that make self-funding the MBA a significant financial burden).
- You must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of the community within which you work. You will need to illustrate why a business degree at this stage of your career can help amplify your impact.
- You must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with social entrepreneurial leadership such as: persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, a bias toward action rather than reflection, a willingness to take personal risks, a habit of developing a network and using it to pursue mutual goals, and a tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources.
The Skoll Scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
- Receive exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thoughtleaders and investors
- Take your social venture/initiative to the next level
- Gain professional, leadership, and business skills
- Become a part of the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and system change.
How to Apply
- Connect with Skoll to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1-3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2017-18 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
- Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
- The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
- Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme,keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
- Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join an in-person or video Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
For more information, visit SBS Skoll Scholarships