African Awards for Entrepreneurs 2016
African Awards for Entrepreneurship was established in 2007 by the Legatum Group to recognize business leaders who demonstrate innovation, profitability, and business excellence while serving as role models to inspire Africa’s next generation of entrepreneurs in Africa. African Leadership Network creates and strengthens relationships between these leaders to encourage intra-African trade, investment, and collaboration.
AAE is dubbed the ‘Oscars of Entrepreneurship in Africa’ and hosted by the African Leadership Network. In 2015, in partnership with OCP, the largest phosphate producer in the world and a leading player in the global fertilizer market, this prestigious awards program identified 11 of the leading entrepreneurs in Africa.
Categories and Prizes
AAE has awarded over $1.8 million in prizes to 35 entrepreneurs in the following categories:
- Lifetime Achievements: Senior African business leader who has served as an entrepreneurial icon for several decades;
- Transformational Business: Businesses with revenues exceeding USD 50 million;
- Outstanding Mature Business: Businesses with revenues between USD 5 million and 50 million;
- Outstanding Growing Business: Businesses with revenues between USD 500,000 and 5 million;
- Outstanding Social Entrepreneur: an organization with revenues between USD 150,000 and 2.5 million that is addressing a social problem for communities in Africa.
- Open to African Entrepreneurs.
Please make only one submission per applicant. Note that incomplete submissions cannot be accepted. Please send any questions about the application to email@example.com.
For more information, visit African Awards for Entrepreneurs 2016.