Deadline: September 9, 2016
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Embassy of France in Ghana invites suitably qualified Civil Societies Organisations to apply to its capacity development programme for CSOs in Ghana. This programme is designed to strengthen the organisational effectiveness, advocacy, results-based management and reporting skills of civil society organisations.
In addition, the programme will strengthen accountability and participatory development processes of the selected CSOs for more effective policy engagement and influence with government and the private sector. The programme is intended to be implemented within a 3-year period, running from August 2016 through to October 2018.
CSOs that are interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered as a non-profit organisation based in Ghana;
- Must be operating in Ghana on environment-related issues;
- Must be willing to complete the three-year capacity development process;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years operational experience;
- Must commit to develop an action plan after each training and be willing to operationalise the action plan;
- Must commit to designate representatives for each training who will fully participate in the course. The representative of each organisa-tion for each module must be able to transfer knowledge and apply the skills learnt back in the organisation.
Intersted applicants should submit the following documents on or before Friday, September 9, 2016 to [email protected]
- Copy of the organisation’s registration certificate;
- Copy of the organisation’s governance structure;
- Filled and signed application form submitted in word or pdf format;
- A letter of motivation from the Head of the organisation stating why the organisation should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to its current work and prepare it for the next level. The letter should indicate how the programme will strengthen their organisational capacity. This must be written in not more than 500 words.
Due to the volume of applications, only suc-cessful applicants will be contacted.
For more information, visit WACSI Capacity Building for Civil Society Organisations.