United Nations #UN4U Asia-Pacific Video Contest 2016
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Entries are now being accepted for the #UN4U Asia-Pacific Video Contest 2016. The video contest is organized by the United Nations to mark UN Day 2016 on October 24. The contest runs from September 1 to September 30 2016. Submissions for the contest must be based on one or more of the seven key themes of the UN in the Asia-Pacific region towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Education 2030
- Sustainable Societies
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Resource Efficient Growth
- Better Data
- Gender Equality
- Poverty Eradication & Inclusion
- Winners will win prizes of up to USD $350.
- Open to anyone aged 18 years and older by the contest closing date of 30 September 2016, who is a resident of an Asia-Pacific country as defined by ESCAP membership;
- The staff category is open to UN staff and their dependents (spouse/partner, children), working or residing in the Asia-Pacific region as defined above, including interns, consultants, and fellows;
- There is no entry fee of any kind;
- Video submissions must be original, unpublished work by the contestant and cannot infringe upon any copyright laws. The contestant must be the sole author of all entries and hold full rights to them. Videos that have won awards in other competitions are not eligible to enter;
- By entering the contest, video submitters are deemed to have agreed to the use of their videos in UN promotional material;
- The organizers reserve the right to remove and disqualify submitted videos which may cause offence or may be unsuitable or inappropriate for this contest;
- The contestant must have received permission from the subject(s) used in the video. Videos that violate the rights of those depicted or put people at risk will not be considered by the judges;
- No responsibility can be taken by the organizers for entries that are incorrectly or incompletely submitted.
- No more than three videos may be submitted by any one person;
- All videos must be uploaded to YouTube and accompanied by a description of the theme chosen, shooting location and hashtags #UN4U #AsiaPacific;
- Video entries must not exceed 20 seconds in length.
See how to make video.
For more information, visit United Nations #UN4U Asia-Pacific Video Contest 2016.