Diana Davis Spencer Foundation Fellowship 2017
Deadline: September 9, 2016
The Global Good Fund is now accepting applications from social entrepreneurs for the 2017 Diana Davis Spencer Foundation Fellowship. This is a 15-month program supporting the leadership development of young social entrepreneurs across the globe. The Global Good Fund invests in these innovators by pairing them with executives who serve as Coaches, and by providing leadership assessment resources, a network of peers, sector expertise, and targeted financial capital.
Fellowship program consists of the following elements:
- 360 MIRROR;
- Leadership Development Plan;
- Annual Summit;
- Targeted Funds;
- Peer & Subject Matter Expert Network.
- Each Fellow receives a leadership development grant of up to $10,000. These funds are used explicitly for LDP implementation and leadership development with a special focus on experiential learning.
Eligible applicants should
- be committed to creating jobs and/or career paths for under- and unemployed American men and women over the age of 50 year old;
- demonstrates leadership and growth potential;
- be committed to social impact and is driving significant change;
- lead an enterprise that is at least one year old;
- lead an enterprise that has at least one full-time employee in addition to the candidate;
- be coachable – embraces honest feedback and desires to improve;
- Actively mentor and invest in team members or other individuals;
- lead an enterprise that is or will be financial sustainable (50% or more of the budget is generated revenue).
The application is comprised of three (3) parts:
- Part I consists of a preliminary questionnaire that is reviewed for alignment with The Diana Davis Spencer Foundation Fellowship criteria. Submission deadline is September 9, 2016;
- Part II of the application consists of an informal video recording that answers the following questions:
- Your motivation to set-up your enterprise;
- The mission and objectives of your enterprise;
- The reasons why you and your enterprise are unique and can address this specific problem area more effectively than anyone else.
- The Candidate’s video will be reviewed and scored on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest score and 5 being the highest. Candidates who receive a score of 3 or higher will advance to the next stage.
- Part II of the application also consists of a written section that assesses leadership, the enterprise, and social impact. Each written application will be read and scored by at least two reviewers. Submission deadline is October 14, 2016.
- Part III of the application consists of a two-hour virtual site visit. The Global Good Fund will speak to the candidate, core team members, and community members. These conversations will occur throughout the selection process.
Finalists will be notified about their selection result in December 2016. It is scheduled for October 29 – November 18, 2016.
Please direct any questions or comments about the application to Jose Fernandez at [email protected].
For more information, visit Diana Davis Spencer Foundation Fellowship.