Jim Ovia Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarships For Nigerians
Deadline: November 30, 2016
Applications for the annual Jim Ovia Scholars Program is open. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities
The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship. One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
Beneficiaries of the Jim Ovia scholarship receive an annual award of 150,000 Nigerian Naira, renewable for up to the entire duration of the beneficiary’s educational tenure. Take note that awards are not automatically renewed annually. Students who have previously been awarded the Jim Ovia Scholarship must fill out a renewal application online to re-apply.
How to Apply
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License)
Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
- OR. Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
For more information, visit Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship.