Deadline: October 16, 2016
Applications are open for the inaugural #WINsider4Good Nigeria Fellowship. Windows Insiders is the greatest community of people in the world who use the Windows technology to eradicate the problems we hate. Microsoft is looking for people like you, Nigerian entrepreneurs who can’t stop thinking of that idea you have that will solve a local problem as well as improve the lives of your fellow Nigerians.
- Fellows will receive hardware and software along with 6 months of tailored technical and strategic mentorship from local and international leaders to help bring their unique idea to life.
Eligible candidates must meet the following:
- You are a member of the Windows Insider Program;
- You are a legal resident of Nigeria;
- You are 18 or older;
- You have an original idea for a product or service that improves the lives of fellow Nigerians;
- You or your family members aren’t employees of Microsoft;
- You are not a government employee.
20 #WINSiders4Good Fellows will be selected on November 2016 based on the following criteria:
- Social Impact: Addresses a common issue affecting a clearly identified segment of the Nigerian population and provides a clear benefit to the potential customers in addressing this issue;
- Market Viability: The product or service has a clearly defined market that is willing and able to pay for the services to address the issue, the paying customer does not always be the end user;
- Innovation: The product or service provides a unique approach to the issues faced by the Nigerian people through a net new innovation the market has yet seen; an improvement on existing solutions; or a combination of multiple solutions for more effective and efficient intervention;
- Scalability: The business has the potential to serve customers across the geographic region where the entrepreneur is based, or across all of Nigeria.
- Round 1 Application Opens: September 21, 2016
- Round 1 Application Closes: October 10, 2016
- Round 2 Application Opens: October 17, 2016
- Round 2 Application Closes: October 24, 2016
- Fellows Announced: November 16, 2016
- Fellowship Bootcamp: November 16 – 22, 2016
- Mentorship Program: January 4 – June 30, 2017