2017 Echoing Green Fellowship for the Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs (Up to $90,000 stipend)
Deadline: October 25, 2016
The Echoing Green fellowship program 2017 is now open for applications. Echoing Green is seeking the World’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs to join one of their three fellowship programs. The Programs will provide more than $4.6 million in unrestricted seed-stage funding and strategic foundational support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change.
- The Global Fellowship is open to any social entrepreneur, from anywhere in the world, with an innovative solution for any issue.
- The Black Male Achievement Fellowship supports leaders dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States.
- The Climate Fellowship, built in partnership with the ZOOM Foundation, was launched for leaders committed to mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
Echoing Green Fellows are the innovators, instigators, pioneers, and rebels that reject the status quo and drive positive social change all over the world. While their work, their geographies, and even their approaches may be as varied as the problems they are working to solve, their common passion and commitment form the base of this robust, active community of leaders.
The Fellowships are awarded annually to individuals or partners who receive:
- A dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager to assist in the development of an Individualized Fellow Plan, access to technical expertise and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization, and support from Echoing Green chaplains
- Leadership development, peer mentorship, and targeted networking opportunities
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders including the Echoing Green network of over 700 Fellows working in sixty countries all over the world.
- A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
- A health insurance stipend and yearly professional development stipend
- For more detailed information, review our FAQ on our current recoverable grants
- Over 18 years old
- Fluent in English
- Able to commit a full 35 hour work week to their organization.
- The original idea of the applicant(s)
- In its start-up phase, usually within the first two years of operation
- Independent and autonomous
Successful applicants not only present an innovative way of addressing social issues, but also explain why they as individuals have what it takes to succeed.
- Purpose / Passion
- Ability to Attract Resources
- Potential for Big, Bold Impact
- A Good Business Model
How to Apply
- Complete the Echoing Green application online.
- September 27, 2016 – October 25, 2016: Application is Open
- January 2017: Application Status Update
- April 2017: Finalist Interviews in New York
- June 2017: Fellowship Class Announced
For more information, visit Echoing Green Fellowship