Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2017
Deadline: November 15, 2016
Application is open for the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2017. The fellowship established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart, is awarded annually to 35 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering.
The fellowship is to assist the future of women in the fields of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering. It may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields. Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
- Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to 35 talented women.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree, who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering, are eligible and encouraged to apply;
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received in September and must not graduate before April 2018;
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship;
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
For more information, visit Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2017.