ICAO Young Aviation Professionals Programme 2017 – Montréal, Canada
Deadline: October 21, 2016
Applications are open for the 2017 season of the ICAO Young Aviation Professionals Programme 2017. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), in partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and Airports Council International (ACI), is offering opportunities for the development of career aviation professionals through a Young Aviation Professionals Programme. Currently there are opportunities for three Young Aviation Professional Officer positions, all located in Montréal, Canada.
The Young Aviation Professional Officers are given the opportunity to advance their knowledge and understanding of international civil aviation regulatory activities and of the airline and airport industries. Each Young Aviation Professional will be accompanied throughout the programme by a subject matter expert from ICAO, IATA and ACI. Furthermore, regular performance feedback during and at the end of the assignments will be provided. Upon successful conclusion of the Programme, the Young Aviation Professionals will be retained on the ICAO roster for possible consideration for suitable ICAO posts in the future and may also be encouraged to apply for suitable posts at ACI or IATA.
The selected Young Aviation Professional Officers will be expected to contribute to ICAO, IATA and ACI work programmes related to aviation safety, air navigation capacity and efficiency, or to economic development of air transport, aviation facilitation, or environmental protection, focusing on inter-relationships between regulatory activities of ICAO and those in the airline and airport industries in IATA and ACI.
Each Young Aviation Professional Officer position will be filled for twelve months.
- A fixed amount of CAD $4 000 per month will be provided to each selected Young Aviation Professional Officer to assist with living costs.
- Where required, travel costs to and from Montreal at the beginning and at the end of the Programme will be provided at the lowest available applicable fare. The cost for one excess baggage (i.e. baggage in excess of the weight or volume carried without charge by transportation companies) will be covered up to a maximum of 25 kilograms.
- Be 32 years or less on the closing date of this announcement.
- Have either of the following level of education:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent, to be demonstrated by the applicant); or
- Bachelor degree, supplemented with a Commercial Pilot License or an Air Traffic Control License.
- Have a minimum of two years’ professional working experience in aviation-related regulatory activities and/or in the aviation industry.
- Be fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English. Working knowledge of a second language commonly used in international organizations (French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic) would be an asset;
- Note: Preference will be given to candidates who are not currently serving, or who have not previously served, as an intern with either ICAO, IATA and ACI.
- Commitment to continuous learning: The willingness and ability to engage in self-development, keep up-todate with new developments, help others to learn and learn from others.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to set clear goals, prioritize, anticipate problems or risks, and have effective time management skills.
- Communication: Ability to write in a clear, concise and accurate manner. Ability to communicate verbally and with diplomacy.
- Client Orientation: Ability to see from the clients’ perspective, anticipate client needs and concerns; find appropriate solutions for clients, and keep clients informed.
- Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with others and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary software such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint, or equivalent and demonstrate a willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Complete the online application before the deadline.
- Only candidates who are recommended for interview will be contacted by ICAO. Please see details below on the anticipated timeline for the selection process.
For more information, visit ICAO Young Aviation Professionals Programme.