Apply to the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool 2017-18
Deadline: February 15, 2017
Applications are ongoning for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool 2017-18. The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes. The programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
- Scholarship includes monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only;
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, applicants must
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions‘);
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project;
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying;
- intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies;
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland;
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research;
- be a national of one of the following countries: Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine, and USA.
- Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. For information on the appropriate authority in your country, please see the listing of countries and authorities to contact;
- Applicants may contact the scholarship authorities in their home country for information on the national deadline for submitting the application documents.
- Documents required for an application:
- a completed and signed application form
- curriculum vitae
- copies of latest diplomas
- two letters of recommendation
- study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills – please see above, in the section ‘Eligibility criteria’
- Copies of original diplomas accompanied with translations into English, Finnish or Swedish – if the original certificates are not in these languages. Preferably official translations. Please do not send in any originals as CIMO will not return any application documents.
For more information, visit Finnish Government Scholarship 2017-18.