Apply for the SESEWA Job Shadowing Program 2016
Deadline: October 21, 2016
Applications are now accepted for the 2016 SESEWA Job Shadowing Program. SESEWA is the foremost internship placement organization in Nigeria with a goal of tackling unemployment by providing opportunities for young people – secondary school leavers, undergraduates and fresh graduates – to acquire practical skills needed for employability in the 21st century. They achieve this by providing internship, job shadowing, volunteer and apprenticeship opportunities for young people.
SESEWA Job Shadowing Program
The SESEWA Job Shadowing Program affords young talents the opportunity to observe professionals in their career of choice for a brief period. This program helps young people especially career starters make crucial and well informed career decisions. The shadows (beneficiaries) will have the rare opportunity of observing professionals in their field of career interest so that they will gain firsthand knowledge and guidance from those who know.
This year, they are making the program bigger for a greater level of impact. They have secured the partnership of the US Embassy to Nigeria to provide Job Shadowing opportunities for 300 young Nigerians. This will serve as a career leapfrog for the shadows who will be getting an unparalleled opportunity to observe professionals work as well get insight into how they work and what they did to become who they now are.
Selected candidates will shadow professionals for a period of two weeks.
The program will have three batches comprising 100 shadows per batch. The three batches will run within the months of October and December 2016.
- Recruitment: Application is opened and taken from September 19 and closes on October 10, 2016.
- Screening: Applicants are screened and shortlisted.
- Interview: All shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in order to capture in details their career interest as well as suitable field of profession for the purpose of the Shadowing program.
- Training: All shortlisted and interviewed candidates will be taken through an Induction Training for a week using the SESEWA Employability Training Curriculum which will prepare you both for the Shadowing exercise and for the 21st century world of work post-shadowing. Candidates will also be top priority for SESEWA Internship programs.
- Matching: All successful candidates will be matched with professionals (Shadowing Mentors) in their respective chosen fields of career interest.
- Obtain a reasonable perspective of a career field thereby easing career decision making
- Explore needed job skills for chosen career
- Gain professional knowledge in order to gauge or estimate fit for a profession
- Make new connections/network
- Likely find a mentor/model
- Possibly transition into an intern
- Certificate of participation bearing the signage of SESEWA and the US Embassy
Applicants for the SESEWA Job Shadowing Program must be;
- Be between the ages of 16 and 28
- Either Secondary School Leavers (those awaiting admission into a tertiary institution), Undergraduates or Fresh graduates (graduate of a tertiary institution awaiting NYSC, currently serving or recently concluded NYSC)
- Be resident in Lagos state, Nigeria (or be willing to relocate at your own cost)
- Serious about gaining industry knowledge in chosen career field
- To apply follow the link.
For more information, visit SESEWA Job Shadowing Program.