Deadline: November 30, 2016
Applications are open for the Smart Villages Energy Innovation Challenge 2016. Technological innovations for providing energy to off-grid communities have started to change the energy access landscape across the world, especially in West Africa. Access to affordable new forms of energy opens doors to a whole range of new social enterprises, where the business delivers a positive social impact for the end user.
This competition seeks to find and support early stage off-grid energy entrepreneurs. Bridges for Enterprise seeks to “bridge the gap,” helping entrepreneurs with an existing product or service get to the stage where they are ready for investment. Businesses must have at least an existing prototype and business model to enter.
- Winning teams will be accepted into the Bridges for Enterprise program;
- Winners will benefit from:
- Training – learn business skills by working with top business consultants from the world’s top companies and universities;
- Prize Capital – submit your investment proposition for the chance to win $5000 prize capital;
- Funding – direction towards additional funding sources and advice on how to access capital;
- Legal Advice – receive free legal advice and learn how to navigate the compliance issues that come with running a business
- Open to early stage entrepreneurs with an existing prototype for a social business that generates or can be powered by off-grid energy
- October – November 2016: Applications are accepted
- January – March 2017: Business Consulting Engagement
- April – Investment propositions considered for prize capital
- Winners who successfully complete the business consulting engagement will also be eligible for Finance and Legal Advisory services from October 2017
For more information, visit Smart Villages Energy Innovation Challenge.