Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2017/2018
Deadline: October 24, 2016
The AIG Scholarships are postgraduate awards to support outstanding individuals in undertaking the Masters of Public Policy (MPP) programme at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford, and provide them with a transformative experience.
AIG has entered into a partnership with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) to provide this training. Beginning in 2017, five scholarships will be awarded to candidates. Upon graduation, AIG scholars will be expected to return home and apply their learning experience as change agents in their home country’s public sector.
- There are five AIG Scholarships available that cover fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- Open to citizen of Nigeria or Ghana;
- Age between 25 and 35 years;
- Have achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to the University of Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline.
- Show strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector;
- Possess exceptional leadership qualities;
- Possess impeccable moral character.
For more information, visit AIG Scholarships.