ASRI Future Leaders Fellowship Program 2017 – Johannesburg
Deadline: November 20, 2017
The ASRI Future Leaders program develops young people for the NGO and Government sectors, and therefore recruits individuals who are socially and politically active in their communities. The program seeks to recruit young people who aspire, in different spheres, to create change in South Africa. In developing these young people, they enhance their social and human capital in a way that not only accelerates their personal growth but which also translates into increased opportunities in the future.
Graduates of the 2017 ASRI Future Leaders Fellowship Program are anticipated to go on to become influential and prominent leaders in government and civil society, occupying a variety of positions in non-profit organisations; interest groups; policy institutes; media organisations; the public service and so forth. The program will accept 30 individuals for 2017.
- Each person will receive a monthly stipend of R5 000. There is no financial cost to the participants for being on the program.
- Candidates should not be more than 30 years;
- They must have South African citizenship or permission to reside in South Africa (with the long term view of staying in the country);
- Individuals should be active in their community, have some form of leadership experience and show potential for being a change agent in South Africa;
- Students must have at least an undergraduate degree or diploma, with additional qualifications being an advantage;
- To be eligible for the program, you must be able to be in attendance (at the premises in Johannesburg) from Monday-Thursday from 9am – 3:45pm, from February-July, 2017;
- Upon completion of the program, participants are expected to remain active within the Alumni Network of ASRI.
Complete and submit online application.
Interviews will be held from January 9 – 20, 2017 and the Fellowship program will commence on February 15, 2017. If you are asked to attend the interviews, you will be required to bring a copy of your ID, matric marks and university transcripts along with you as proof of your qualifications.