Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme 2016
Deadline: October 25, 2016
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/ Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for youths from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States. LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme that aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs in Nigeria to start their own businesses through the provision of training and start-up finance.
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
- Open to male and female applicants from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States in Nigeria;
- Be aged between 18-35;
- Must possess a university degree or HND;
- Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
- Must be resident in Delta, Bayelsa, or Rivers States;
- Must have an innovative business idea; and
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
If shortlisted, you will be required to attend a face-to-face interview with the following:
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration sworn affidavit;
- Copies of Educational Qualification;
- Two passports photographs (if you were unable to upload);
- Local Govt. Identification Letter
For more information, visit Shell LiveWIRE Program.