Deadline: November 18, 2016
Applications are open for The Hague Academy Talent for Governance Programme 2017. The Talent programme is organised two or three times a year and are organised around a different local governance theme, linked to the theme of the training course that will be followed at The Hague Academy for Local Governance.
The selected talents follow international training in The Hague and an internship in a Dutch municipality. They meet colleagues from abroad, learn from experiences in other countries and link what they have learned to the daily practice in their home countries. This will help them to achieve their personal goals and make a real difference for their local communities.
Themes of the Talent programmes so far include: Citizen Participation & Accountability, Female Leadership, Leadership & Municipal Management, Local Economic Development, Local Service Delivery & Millennium Development Goals, Climate Change & Resilient Cities, Fiscal Decentralisation & Local Finance.
- Open to young civil servants employed by a local government in a developing country (e.g. municipality, district, town); see countries listed on the DAC country list;
- They must have a strong motivation and a concrete project or idea to improve the performance of the organisation and create better services for their community;
- NGO or private Enterprise are not eligible;
- Be 37 years of age or younger when you apply;
- Have at least two years of work experience in local governance and prove your commitment to work there for at least two years more;
- Speak and understand the English language well (all programmes are in English);
- Be able to write down and orally defend your motivation for and relevance of the specific programme;
- Be able to identify an issue/project as a real life case within the theme of the programme for which you will write a Back Home Action Plan during the talent programme;
- Have written support of your employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back Home Action Plan when you return home.
Fill the online application form.
Applicants must ensure to see the application procedure here.
For more information, visit Hague Academy Talent for Governance Programme.