Apply for Andela Kenya Fellowship Cohort XIII
Deadline: November 9, 2016
Applications are open for the Andela Kenya Fellowship Cohort XIII.Dream of using technology to change the world? Join the Andela movement, to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, and cities across Africa.
The Andela Fellowship is a four-year, paid Technical Leadership Program designed to shape you into an elite software developer. Through your training and work with top global technology companies, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the continent and around the world.
After the Andela fellowship, the highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
After successfully completing the initial training period, you’ll be fully prepared to start working with one of our clients as a full-time, distributed team member. During the remaining 3.5 years, you’ll apply your knowledge to client work, while receiving ongoing professional and technical development, coaching and mentorship.
You’ll receive the following:
- Competitive monthly salary
- High speed fibre internet
- Financing plans for accommodations and a Macbook Pro
- Breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday
- Healthcare coverage
- Savings account ($5,000 USD upon completion of Fellowship)
- A community of excellence
- A chance to change the world
- You must be 18 or older
- Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements. (Nigeria only: However, if you have completed university or have a Higher National Diploma from a Polytechnic, and have not been formally exempted, you must complete your one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela)
- Andela is a full-time, four-year commitment, so if you have any major commitment such as school or work, we recommend applying when you have graduated, stopped school or ended other commitments
- Most importantly, you must embody Andela’s values: Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration
- Stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment: First, you’ll complete a free application, which lets us learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you (within 2-weeks of your application) an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit.
- Stage 2: Home Study: Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. You can find the downloadable version of this course here. During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack Community called “Open Andela” to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.
- Stage 3: In-Person Interviews Based on performance on the Aptitude Assessment and Proctor test, we invite a select group of applicants to interview with Andela. If selected, you’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at an Andela Campus.
- Stage 4: Two Week Boot camp: Successful applicants participate in a two-week Boot Camp at an Andela Campus led by our senior developers. The two weeks comprise of one week of home based self learning and one week of product development. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
- Stage 5: Acceptance: The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
For inquiries, please read the application FAQs and Home Study FAQs. If you still have unanswered questions, please send an email to [email protected]
For more information, visit Andela Kenya Fellowship.