APN Individual Research Grants Program 2017
Deadline: January 20, 2017
The African Peacebuilding Network (APN) of the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) invites applications for the Individual Research Grant Program. A core component of the APN, the research grants program is a vehicle for enhancing the quality and visibility of independent African peacebuilding research both regionally and globally, while making peacebuilding knowledge accessible to key policymakers and research centers of excellence in Africa and around the world.
Grants are awarded on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis and are intended to support six months of field-based research, from June 2017 to December 2017. Recipients will produce research-based knowledge that is relevant to, and has a significant impact on, peacebuilding policy and practice on the continent. For its part, the APN will work toward inserting the evidence-based knowledge that this group produces into regional and global debates and policies focusing on peacebuilding.
- Up to fifteen (15) individual grants of a maximum of $15,000 will be awarded.
- All applicants must be African citizens currently residing in an African country;
- Academic applicants must hold a faculty or research position at an African university or research organization and have a PhD obtained after January 2001;
- Policy analysts and practitioner applicants must be based in Africa at a regional or subregional institution, a government agency, or a nongovernmental, media, or civil society organization and have at least a Master’s degree obtained before January 2012, with at least five years of proven research and work experience in peacebuilding-related activities on the continent;
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications must be uploaded through the online portal.
Required materials include:
- Completed application form;
- Completed proposal & bibliography ;
- Two reference letters;
- Language evaluation(s) (if required);
- Updated CV
All materials must be submitted no later than 5:00pm (EST) on January 20, 2017.