Deadline: February 24, 2017
The Sheila C. Johnson Leadership Fellowship brings together diverse and talented emerging leaders working to address disparities in predominantly underserved communities through efforts in health care, education, economic development, public policy, criminal justice reform, social entrepreneurship, and a variety of other fields. The program connects fellows with highly accomplished national and international leaders and provides them with the skills to:
- Foster sustainable change in communities,
- Build cross-sector partnerships and collaborations, and
- Inspire new ideas and innovative change in programs and policies that serve communities.
- Fellows are awarded a full tuition scholarship and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program;
- Fellows are eligible for a stipend up to $10,000 for up to two years depending on their graduate degree program.
- Open to applicants entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s masters’ degree programs. Students pursuing a joint degree at HKS and another Harvard graduate or professional school or those in concurrent programs at other approved universities or schools may also apply;
- The fellowship will be open to all admitted master’s degree program students and will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or national origin. Domestic students from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is December 1, 2016.
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship
- Submit a Resume or Curriculum Vitae, not to exceed 2 pages in length.
- A document containing written responses to the following two prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about and its personal significance (1,000 words or less).
- Please discuss briefly your interest in the fellowship and how your experiences and goals have motivated you to apply (200 words or less).
- Two letters of recommendation specifically supporting your candidacy for the Sheila C. Johnson Leadership Fellowship. The letters must be in PDF form, signed by the referrer and on letterhead indicating the referrer’s institution/organization. All application materials, including recommendations must be submitted by the fellowship application deadline on February 24, 2017.
Finalists for the Sheila C. Johnson Leadership Fellowship will be asked to participate in an interview with members of the Sheila C. Johnson Leadership Fellowship Selection Committee.
For more information, visit Sheila Johnson Leadership Fellowship.