Deadline: December 15, 2016
Applications are now open for the Yenching Global Symposium 2017 hosted by the Yenching Academy at Peking University, Beijing, China. The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) brings together China Scholars, Global Scholars, and Innovation Leaders from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China. The Symposium will select and invite approximately 75 students and young professionals to participate in the event as delegates.
The Yenching Global Symposium will take place on the dates March 23-26, 2017. Delegates will arrive by the evening of March 22nd. The four-day event will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Xinnovation: Identity of Innovation in China.
Under this theme, YGS participants will challenged to innovate upon the conventional understandings of innovation, and how that will fit into China’s future. This conference will not only feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields, but also provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
- YGS offers ambitious students and young professionals from around the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
- a diverse body of global scholars from leading universities,
- innovation leaders, sharing their passion for social entrepreneurship,
- speakers from renowned universities, enterprises, and international organizations.
- The Symposium is a platform for connecting leaders on China, across generations and between disciplines. It will help connect you with inspiring, likeminded peers as well as leading experts who share your interest in China.
- As a delegate, you will have the opportunity to share your experiences with innovation while collaborating with others to generate fruitful exchange and construct frameworks for action on China’s most challenging issues.
- Finally, YGS will cover all expenses cover all fees associated with the trip—including flights, ground transportation, meals, and accommodation.
- Delegates must be under 30 years old.
- Delegates can be young professionals or students (post-graduate/Master’s degree and higher).
- A diverse group of delegates from around the world from different disciplines will be recruited.
- They are looking for enthusiasm and motivation for the Symposium’s vision as well as a strong, demonstrated interest in China.
The YGS is looking for:
- China Scholars: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at a Chinese university. Students should be fluent in English, and have a demonstrated interest in the role of innovation in China.
- Global Scholars: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at a university. Students must have a strong demonstrated interest in the role of innovation in China.
- Innovation Leaders: Young professionals with a strong demonstrated interest in China, demonstrated leadership skills, and a commitment to the goals of innovation.
- YGS requires you to submit a CV, an essay (maximum 500 words) and a brief motivation statement (maximum 350 words) as part of the application form.
- Non-native speakers of English must also include their TOEFL/IELTS scores in their applications.
- Invited delegates will receive their acceptance letters by January 2017.
Note: By applying as a China Scholar, Global Scholar, Innovation Leader, you agree to be available in Beijing for the entirety of the conference, from March 23-26, 2017. International delegates must arrive by the evening of March 22, 2017. If selected, we will be in touch with you to make flight arrangements.
For more information, visit Yenching Global Symposium.