Alliance for Health Policy & Systems Research Essay Competition 2017
Deadline: January 31, 2017
The Alliance for Health Policy & Systems Research is pleased to announce its first ever essay competition on the future of health policy and systems research. The winning paper will be published as a background paper for a high level conference on “Health Policy and Systems Research: 20 years on” that will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, in April 2017.
In no more than 5000 words, essays – written in English, should:
- Reflect on the role and contributions of Health Policy and Systems Research in strengthening health systems and future challenges in the context of Agenda 2030;
- Identify strategies and innovative approaches to ensure the greater use of health policy and systems research by relevant actors and stakeholders; and
- Explore opportunities to further strengthen the position and role of the Alliance for Health Policy & Systems Research in advancing the field.
- A cash prize of USD $7,500 will be awarded to the authors of the winning paper. Prizes of USD $2,500 and USD $1,000 will be awarded to the authors of the 2nd and 3rd place papers.
- Teams of 3-5 persons from different disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to contribute to this essay. In order to be eligible, teams must be made up of:
- At least two different disciplinary backgrounds;
- A mix of genders;
- The lead author must not be more than 35 years of age at the date of submission and must be a national of a low or middle-income country;
- Teams led by women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel comprising independent researchers, decision-makers, as well as members of the Alliance HPSR Board, Scientific & Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) and Secretariat. Essays will be judged based on:
- Quality and coherence of argument made;
- Novelty of approach proposed;
- Clarity in depicting the role of health policy and systems research;
- Evidence used to support proposals, positions, and perspectives presented in paper.
All submissions must be sent to the [email protected] by the deadline of January 31, 2017.
For more information, visit Alliance for Health Policy & Systems Research Competition.