Call for Submissions for the CSocD55 Photo Exhibition
Deadline: December 5, 2016
As part of its activities for CSocD55, the UNDESA’s Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) is hosting a photo exhibition on poverty eradication at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City from 1-10 February 2017, during the Commission. For 2017, the 55th session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD55) has selected the following priority theme: “Strategies for the eradication of poverty to achieve sustainable development for all”.
Photos selected for the exhibition will be viewed by the many visitors to the UN, including government officials, experts, and NGO representatives during this important event, and will be included in an online exhibition brochure distributed to key partners and stakeholders.
Eligible photo must
- Visually depict a strategy/policy/practice for the eradication of poverty to achieve sustainable development for all in relation to the following categories:
- Ageing – Older Persons
- Persons with disabilities
- Indigenous peoples
- Include a human interest story associated with the photo that explains the context of the photo and details how the innovative strategy/policy/practice eradicated poverty and achieved inclusive sustainable development (must be 300 words or less)
- Have a minimum size of 3600 x 5400 pixels (180 ppi) or 6000 x 9000 pixels (300 ppi – recommended), as photos will be printed in large format; and
- Be submitted as a JPEG, with sRGB colour space and 8-bit colour depth;
- All photos must be accompanied by the photographer’s name, surname, country, and email; the title, date and location of the photograph;
- Photos must be in colour.
- You can submit up to three photos online (recommended);
- You can also send your photos as an attachment or as a Google Drive or Dropbox file link to DSPD Civil Society and Outreach Unit, at email@example.com with the subject: CsocD55 Photo Exhibition.
For more information, visit CsocD55 Photo Exhibition.