Global Editors Network (GEN) Startups for News Competition 2017
Deadline: January 1, 2017
The Global Editors Network (GEN) Startups for News is an international competition that rewards early-stage startups working on high-impact and daring solutions for the news industry. Every year, GEN, in partnership with Journalism.co.uk selects the best startups that address newsroom challenges through dynamic and innovative products or services. The aim of Startups for News is to accelerate the development of promising, early-stage media startups through worldwide exposure, networking with senior media executives, and private mentorship from GEN’s board members.
Prizes and Benefits
- Get recognised by industry leaders and noticed by potential partners;
- Network with senior media executives in a friendly atmosphere at the GEN Summit and benefit from their feedback, insights, and connections;
- Gain exposure in the media industry and benefit from media coverage;
- Private mentoring sessions with GEN’s board members;
- Booth at the GEN EXPO at the GEN Summit in 2018. More about the expo here;
- Great exposure to a powerful network of media innovators through GEN’s media;
- Invitation to participate in Slush 2017.
- Startup must offer an innovative product or service to newsrooms;
- It must have been founded no earlier than 2013 and
- Must have received less than €1m in external funding.
Interested applicants should begin application here.
For more information, visit GEN Startups for News Competition 2017.