Apply to cover Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Integrationskongress in Berlin, Germany 2017 (All-expenses-Paid)
Deadline: December 31, 2016
Orange Magazine is looking for up to five young journalists with English and German proficiency to cover Friedrich Ebert Stiftungs Integrationskongress 2017 taking place from 6-7 March 2017 in Berlin, Germany. Orange Magazine is a project of European Youth Press (EYP), an organisation working for the benefit of young journalists in Europe. They provide journalistic education and supports young journalists by giving them room to explore media and current affairs.
About the Event
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition in social democracy dating back to its foundation in 1925. The foundation owes its formation and its mission to the political legacy of its namesake Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected German President. This year’s FES Integrationskongress will provide the Orange Magazine team with free access to the whole event including opportunities to interview both guest speakers and participants.
The following positions are open for applications:
- 2-3 Print/Web Journalists
Responsibilities: The Orange team will produce one issue of the magazine before the Integrationskongress and will cover the event via live-blogging feature during the event. Each member will have to write at least 2 features related to the topics of the 2017 edition of the event.
- 2 Video and/or Multimedia Journalists/Photographers
Responsibilities: The video team will create a 1-2 videos, which will include the highlights of the conference and some vox pops with the key guests and organisers of the event.
Costs and Benefits
- Accommodation for three or four nights (depending on the flight’s schedules) is covered.
- Travel costs to/from Berlin are reimbursed.
- FES and Orange Magazine project coordinators will assist with the visa applications for those who need it.
- The call is open for young journalists from all over the world.
- The candidate has to be between 18 and 30 years old.
- Experience in video editing and camera shooting.
- Please note that social media skills are highly appreciated. You will be expected to tweet and feed our Facebook page during the conference. Audio and video skills are considered an advantage. We expect perfect working and writing knowledge of English and German and the capacity to work with people from other cultural backgrounds.
In order to apply for the conference you will have to suggest a story idea related to the topic: Integration.
- What is your story idea?
- How is it related to the conference topic?
- How are you going to research the topic?
- Who are you planning to interview?
How to apply:
Please send the following to: [email protected]
- A CV
- Samples from your previous video work and
- Your story idea (that is, your concept for a feature article related to the mentioned theme)
Selected participants notified by: Wednesday, January 4, 2017. Please note that selected participants will need to produce and write articles before the conference for the printed edition that will be prepared and produced prior to the event and distributed on the venue.
For more information, visit Friedrich Ebert Stiftungs Integrationskongress.