ACES Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarship 2017
Deadline: February 17, 2017
Applications are being accepted for fully funded scholarships for the next academic year of the EM JMD ACES programme, starting in September 2017. The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society (EM JMD ACES) will give you a unique opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, Crete and France, as well as allowing you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programmes and fieldwork.
This full-time, 2 year course is specifically targeted at highly talented European and international students with a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in one of the fields of aquaculture, marine science, marine biology, biology, environmental or social sciences, who wish to advance their skills.
- Scholarships will cover tuition fees, living and travel expenses.
Open to students who meet the following minimum conditions:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in one of the fields of environmental or social sciences. An appropriate background could include; Aquaculture-related studies, Marine Science, Aquatic Biology, Biology, Environmental Sciences or Marine Resources, Environmental Economics and Environmental Policy. You should have a bachelor degree at the time of application for the scholarship, i.e. by February 17, 2017.
- English competence equivalent to 6.5 Academic IELTS (with a minimum of 6.0 in all four components).
- Applications from mature students and/or those with practical working experience in the aquaculture industry are particularly welcomed;
- Applicants do not need to prove English language competence if they are a citizen or hold an academic qualification equivalent to a UK Bachelor degree taught in one of the following countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK, and USA.
To apply for a place on the programmme, you will need to download and complete in full TWO application forms. Both forms must be completed in English and then emailed, along with all supporting documents, as a single PDF file to Helen Bury at [email protected]. Please note that there is no separate application process for the Erasmus Mundus JMD scholarships.
The following documents should be emailed as a single PDF file:
- Completed EM JMD ACES-Application-Form-2017 (in Microsoft Word) in English, including a 350-word statement of motivation and 350-word essay reflecting on your professional experience and understanding of the issue facing the aquaculture industry;
- Completed UHI Application 2016 -Web (applicable for ALL students, including European). This is a standard UHI application form, which needs to be completed in English. However, for the Course Details section please insert UHI-SAMS; and please leave blank the Personal Statement in this form as this information will be included in the EM JMD ACES application form above;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in freestyle format;
- A professional reference;
- Copy of your passport;
- Copy of your degree certificate (plus certified translation into English if applicable);
- Copy of your transcript of marks (plus certified translation into English if applicable); and
- Copy of your IELTS certificate which is valid until the end of September 2017 (you must have obtained this qualification, with an overall score of 6.5, by the time you apply for the ACES course).
- February 17, 2017: Deadline for applications from candidates seeking an Erasmus Mundus JMD scholarship;
- March 6, 2017: Shortlisted candidates informed of interview by Email;
- March 13 & 14, 2017: Interviews with shortlisted candidates by Skype. Creation of academic ranking list for Erasmus Mundus JMD scholarships;
- March 17, 2017: Interviewed candidates informed about results of interviews;
- Early April 2017: Candidates informed about whether they have been awarded an Erasmus Mundus JMD Scholarship;
- 5 June 5, 2017: Deadline for applications from self-funded candidates (interviews conducted on a rolling basis).
For more information, visit Erasmus Mundus JMD Scholarship.