Cargill Global Scholars Program 2017
Deadline: Varies with each country
The 2017 Cargill Global Scholars Program is currently open. The Cargill Global Scholars Program provides financial support and leadership development opportunity to undergraduate students from around the world. Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing students studying in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
A Cargill Global Scholar is:
- A Critical Thinker
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations. This activity will bring each cohort of Cargill Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
How to Apply
All interested applicants must apply online here.
For more information, visit Cargill Global Scholars Program