Deadline: March 31, 2017
The Anu & Naveen Jain Women’s Safety XPRIZE is a $1 million global competition that challenges teams to leverage technology to empower communities with a transformative solution that ensures women’s safety. Armed with innovative safety nets, communities everywhere can rapidly respond to threats against any of its members, ensuring that help is always available when needed.
The winning team’s solution will autonomously and inconspicuously trigger an emergency alert while transmitting information to a network of community responders, all within 90 seconds and at an annual cost of $40 or less.
The one million dollars ($1,000,000) Grand Prize will be awarded to the winning Team in June, 2018.
The Anu and Naveen Jain Women’s Safety XPRIZE will award $1,000,000 to the most accurate and most usable technology solution which is able to:
- Trigger location-accurate alerts in emergency situations even in low-connectivity scenarios
- Transmit alerts to a network of responders, and rapidly provide a response to the user within 90 seconds that help is on its way
- Exhibit a novel approach to building or combining existing and/or emerging technologies to better connect users and responders under $40 per year
XPRIZE believes that solutions can come from anyone, anywhere. Scientists, engineers, academics, entrepreneurs and innovators with new ideas from all over the world are invited to form a team and register to compete. To participate, a team may need to recruit additional experts and can add new members at any time throughout the competition. Competing teams will own the Intellectual Property of their submissions.
To compete in the Women’s Safety XPRIZE, the participant must be a registered Team. To complete your registration, you must:
- Create a Team Profile at https://safetyportal.xprize.org
- Complete the registration process
- Pay the non-refundable $250 registration fee.
For more information, visit Women’s Safety XPRIZE.