Deadline: March 1, 2017
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), Africa’s largest business incubator is now accepting applications from African entrepreneurs, with business ideas that can transform Africa. Successful applicants will join the third cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, TEF’s 10-year, $100 million commitment to train, mentor and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs in every African country. Since inception in 2015, the Programme has assisted nearly 2,000 entrepreneurs and created hundreds of jobs across the continent.
The Programme provides critical tools for entrepreneurial success, including:
- Training:12 weeks of intensive training on setting-up and managing businesses
- Mentoring:A mentor will guide successful applicants in creating a robust business plan
- Seed Capital:$5,000 in non-returnable seed capital and access to a $5,000 convertible loan
To be eligible:
- Business must be based in Africa
- Business must be for profit
- Business must be 0-3 years’ old
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
1,000 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the viability of their idea, including:
- market opportunity;
- financial understanding;
- scalability; and
- leadership and entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in the application.
To apply, complete the online application at www.tonyelumelufoundation.org/programme.
For more information, visit Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme.