AFRIKA KOMMT For Future Leaders from Sub-Saharan Afrika 2016-2018 (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: February 3,2017
Application for the AFRIKA KOMMT is now available. Launched in 2008, AFRIKA KOMMT laid the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa; The programme not only trains young, future managers from Sub-Saharan Africa on-site with German companies, but is also directed at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future.
- One-month home-based intensive German language preparation course
- One-year stay in Germany comprising of:
- Three-months intensive German language course
- Eight-months internship in a German partner company
- Three one-week training modules on international management and leadership competencies
- One-week study tour in Germany on relevant subjects, e.g. “Regional Economic Development”
- Weekend seminars on cultural and social subjects organised by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg
- Cultural weekend activities organised by GIZ
- Six-months transfer phase after the stay in Germany via GIZ’s online platform Global Campus 21
- Refresher course in Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany, offering the former fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to mutually benefit from their experiences.
Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibility requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program includes:
- Language course
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany of three months including fees, accommodation and living allowance Travelling expenses – Flights, Visa, etc.
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Program-related travelling expenses in Germany Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (August, September and October 2017; July 2018)
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross
- Accommodation during all stages of the program in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- International management training courses
- Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany
- Alumni activities
- Refresher course in Africa, including management training
- Alumni networking activities
- Certificate AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship program. Fellows will receive two certificates. One official certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH upon successful completion of the program with a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training and one official certificate by the partner company upon successful completion of the internship.
How to Apply
Apply online here.
For more information, visit Afrika Kommt.