Deadline: March 10, 2017
Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership invites applications for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program. ESED scholarship to support students from developing countries and economies in transition. The ESED program offers master’s level scholarships to outstanding students for a period of up to two years. In addition to the master’s scholarships offered, the ESED program also supports a web-based network of scholars designed to encourage the sharing of information and knowledge among scholars and alumni.
An applicant must:
- be a citizen of a developing country or territory identified for official OECD development aid in the DAC list of ODA recipients effective as of 2015 (see list);
- be an outstanding student;
- have chosen a program of study directly related to sustainable energy development (i.e. with a high focus on renewable energy and/or the power sector in general); and
- possess a letter of acceptance provided by an academic institution for the 2017-2018 academic year, or is at least able to provide evidence that the academic institution of choice is considering the candidate’s application for admission.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- has a history of community involvement
- is committed to sustainable energy
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
Scholarships of US $23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students. Up to ten master’s scholarships will be awarded annually.
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted using our Online ESED Scholarship Application Submission.
- Fill in the required information.
- Upload the required documents :
- Passport or Birth certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of transcripts
- Admission or Deferral Letter
- Program Outline
- Academic Reference Form
- Personal Reference
- Applicant’s Statement Form
For more information, visit ESED Scholarship.