Deadline: January 27, 2017
Do you have policymaking, capacity building or advocacy experience in education for sustainable development (ESD) or Global Citizenship Education as an educator, innovator, policymaker, development professional, researcher? Do you want to network and collaborate with fellow youth leaders for exchange of best practices and latest innovations in the fields of ESD and GCED? Then apply to be part of the UNESCO/MGIEP Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: the Role of Education.
The UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: the Role of Education in Ottawa, Canada presents a unique platform for discussion on two key programmes of UNESCO’s Education Sector, namely Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and Global Citizenship Education (GCED), and their practical contribution in achieving Target 4.7 of the Sustainable Development Goal 4 on Education. The Week will focus on the issue of teachers and teacher training, and highlight best practices in the field of ESD and GCED.
- Limited number of participants will receive travel sponsorship. Priority will be given to applicants from developing countries and on the merit of application. The organizers will provide roundtrip air tickets between the participant’s nearest airport and Ottawa, as well as accommodation and meals. The sole and absolute discretion of travel sponsorship is with the organizers and the decisions made by the organizers is final.
Please note all participants receiving support are expected and responsible to bear some of the associated travel cost such as domestic transportation, visa application and traveler’s insurance.
- Applicant must be between 18 and 35 years old as on June 1, 2016;
- Active and quality participation in the online discussion prior to the conference on UNESCO MGIEP’s social media channels between January 3 – 27, 2017 is MANDATORY;
- The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on their application form as well as active participation in the online discussions;
- Engagement and expertise in the field of ESD and GCED in policy, advocacy and capacity-building;
- The degree of leadership, engagement or initiative undertaken at community/country/regional/global levels, related to the Conference theme;
- Outreach to disseminate the results of the conference and act as multipliers through own networks, social media, and digital and traditional media platforms;
- Commitment to advance ESD and GCED in own communities and through wider networks post the conference;
- Geographic, gender, age, and sector diversity (education, policy design, international development, research) will be considered during the selection process.
- Complete the application form;
- Submit the form with the following attachments:
- Scan of 1st and last page of your passport;
- An updated resume;
- A short (one paragraph) biography;
- A high-resolution image.
For more information, visit UNESCO/MGIEP Week for Peace and Sustainable Development.