Deadline: April 3, 2017
University of Edinburgh is currently accepting applications for Desmond Tutu Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa for postgraduate Master’s study within the School of Divinity for the 2017-2018 academic session.
This scholarship was set up in 2009 to commemorate the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Divinity conferred by the University on the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
- In addition to the above academic qualifications, the selection panel will also take into account the financial circumstances of applicants to ensure that as far as possible a student’s financial situation does not impede a university education.
The scholarship will cover full overseas tuition fee and accommodation within a Church of Scotland flat within Edinburgh and a maintenance allowance of £4,800. The award will be tenable for one academic year.
How to Apply
Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of June 2017.
For more information, visit University of Edinburgh-Desmond Tutu Scholarship