IGNITE Big Energy Idea 2017- Win up to £2m in Investment
Deadline: January 31,2017
IGNITE invites entries for the 2017 Big Energy Ideas Challenge. IGNITE is looking for the brightest business ideas that use energy to make a difference in people’s lives. If you have an idea, we would love to hear from you. Ignite is the UK’s first impact investment fund with a focus on energy.
IGNITE support ideas and businesses which:
- Are run by an individual aged 16 or over and living in the UK
To be eligible your idea must:
- Be in the energy or energy-related sector
- Have a real social impact in the UK
- Be seeking a minimum of £50k of debt/equity investment
- Fulfil a clear need and demand
- Have clear outputs and goals
Ventures are not eligible for investment if they:
- Are part of your paid employment
- Involve political or religious campaigning
- Involve activities outside of the law or against public policy, or anything that encourages ethnic, religious or commercial disharmony
- Are mainly for people to achieve academic qualifications
- Are to fund living expenses
Selection entrants receive mentoring, pre-investment support and a chance at £50k – £2m investment.
How to Enter
- Register your interest in the Big Energy Idea 2017 by contacting [email protected].
- Application forms will includes the following what your idea is; the social benefits of your activities; how you’ll generate a financial return; your core team; how Centrica’s money and people will enable your idea to grow.*No business plans, financials or additional information will be necessary at this stage*
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to pitch your idea to, and receive feedback from, a panel of experts.
- The most successful pitches will receive a package of pre-investment support to get your business ready to pitch for investment from the Ignite Investment Committee, including:
- A Centrica mentor to oversee the support programme
- Theory of Change coaching by an industry expert
- Individualised business support and development workshops
- Introductions to the Ignite network of ambitious energy-related social enterprises throughout the UK
Register your interest in the Big Energy Idea 2017 now!
Applications now open 2nd January 2017
Final deadline for applications 31 January 2017
Notification of application outcome: w/c 6 February 2017
Pitching events to panel of judges: w/c 20 February 2017 (London plus one other further North tbc)
Pre-Investment Programme: 26th – 29th March 2017
For further information, check out the FAQ’s.
For more information, visit Big Energy Idea 2017.